Ahh, you can almost smell it in the air as the trucks delivering the greenery come through town. Fresh garland, wreaths, kissing balls, balsam swags … and don’t forget the TREE. A fresh Christmas tree brings that scent into the home for all to enjoy.
Here are some other ways to decorate:
- Several types of greens, holly berries and pine cones make lovely centerpieces, baskets and runners.
- A tabletop tree serves a dual purpose. It is a lovely decoration in the home during the holiday season and in the spring it can be planted to enjoy for years to come.
- If you prefer a live plant you could choose a live poinsettia or amaryllis.
- Pine cones make a lovely decoration when piled high in a basked. Tie a few together with a festive wired ribbon for a colorful touch.
- Fill a clear vase with cranberries to hold flowers or greens in place. Bring back memories for grandma and grandpa and string them with a needle to make a holiday garland. Add popcorn if you have a live tree you’ll be putting outside after the holiday so the birds can feast.